Sorry for the inconvenience, our website is undergoing some maintenance, please contact us for orders, prices and stock availability.
Thank you for your understanding. Coronavirus impact info >
Algae are microscopic plant life that can multiply rapidly in your swimming pool water in the right conditions.
Recovering an algae infested pool can be time consuming and expensive which is why prevention is always preferable to cure.
Blue Horizons algaecides have been specially formulated to help you achieve sparkling clear and algae free water. We offer you a choice of weekly dosed and long life algaecides depending on your particular needs.
In addition to using a Blue Horizons algaecide to support the sanitiser, we would recommend you also take account of the following algae prevention tips:
- Maintain the correct water balance
- Oxidise your swimming pool water regularly
- Maintain a consistent sanitiser (chlorine or bromine) level.
- Brush pool walls and vacuum pool floor regularly
- Ensure filtration and circulation are operating efficiently
- Ensure phosphates aren't present in your pool water