HSE Eyewash & Wound Wash 20 mL
- Eye wash
- Wound cleaner
- Saline Eye pods
- For refilling Eyewash Stations
HSE Eyewash & Wound Wash 20 mL is strongly recommended to keep on hand in the vicinity of any cleaning chemicals or wherever hazardous machinery is used.
To lessen the risk of permanent damage caused by eye injuries, it is important to treat eye injuries immediately and seek medical advice as soon as possible. It's vital to use a sterile eyewash in the event of an eye injury, and equally as important when treating a wound. The Steroplast saline solution 'Sterowash' treats both, and is available on drug tariff
Why use Eyewash/Wound wash?
- A complete range of emergency eyewash is available to enable you to comply with the ACOP L74 health and safety (first aid) regulations. "If mains tap water is not readily available for eye irritation, at least a litre of sterile water or saline (0.9% w/v) in sealed, disposable containers should be provided. Once the seal has been broken, the containers should not be kept for reuse. The container should not be used after the expiry date."
Is so much safer than tap water, but why?
- Possible bacterial infection from contaminated water
- Potential eye irritation by chlorine and chemicals
- Natural objection to cold water reaction
- Physical problems associated with placing the eye under a tap or into a sink
- Saline solution PH Eur 0.9% w/v
- The saline solution is specifically balanced to ensure no irritation when absorbed into the body.
Ideal for all sports cuts and injuries
- A topical, sterile eye and wound wash solution, containing Sodium Chloride BP 0.9% w/v in purified water BP. No antimicrobial agent or other substance has been added. The product is sterile and pyrogen free
- Unlike other pods the new pods have a slim neck for greater accuracy, ensuring the water jet goes exactly where you want it and reduces wastage
- Sterile eyewash solution may be used for the irrigation and cleansing of the eyes and for removing chemical splashes from the body
All images used are for illustrative purposes and are not intended to be relied upon for, nor to form part of, any contract unless specifically incorporated in writing into the contract.
We reserves the right to change product images at any time without notice.